Tabs

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A good day..

As a professional I always had proof (or a scale to measure myself against) at the end of the day to show when I'd had a good/successful day. Usually I had tasks I had ticked off and achieved, expectations from on my by my boss had been for filled, I'd started on the tasks for the following day and sometimes if I was lucky someone said thanks for a great day or you're doing a great job. Now as a parent it is slightly different, there is no one above you to answer to. There are no set tasks for me to tick off when it comes to raising children. Coming up with a way for me to feel I had proof of a successful day has been a learning experience but I think I've finally cracked it... as has realising that I don't need proof of a successful day.

Proof today was a good day...  Miss Boos shoes were dirty from crawling and exploring new places,

Monkey created and recreated a house, garage, and fire station out of the duplo and didn't want them put away so he could continue creating first thing,

and finally their peaceful faces sound asleep after a busy day.

Now, sometimes I get a thank you, or a can we do that tomorrow, which is a bonus, but I love going in to see the smiles on their sleeping faces before I turn in for the night, knowing that tomorrow has the potential to be another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment