Tabs

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grateful..

Today I am grateful that my friends and family are safe.

As you may or may not know yesterday tragedy struck New Zealand. A devastating earthquake measuring 6.3 hit Christchurch around lunchtime and as I write this there are still about 300 people unaccounted for.

Although some we know have lost their homes and are very shaken we are pleased that none of our family or friends are amongst those missing.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be waiting for information, waiting to hear, hoping and praying if someone you loved or cared for was OK.

Tonight I will hug my children a little closer realising how lucky I am to know where they are and that they are safe and warm in their beds. My thoughts will be with those in Christchurch living through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment